Friday, April 8, 2016

Granny Squares!!


Good Morning Beautiful People!

This is a continuation of my previous post about crocheting. In between each of the wash cloths that I've been making I have been making one of these granny squares. I figure that I need to about 200 of these to make the blanket that I'm wanting to make. Anyway these are really quick and take me about 20 mins. I am using an F hook for this and also using the large reel of Peaches and Cream I found at Walmart. For some reason this is one of the last things I've learned to make, although it is definitely the easiest. I'll post the pattern below.



Row 1- ch10, slip stitch(ss), ch3 (first dc)

Row 2-  dc2, ch1, dc3, ch3, dc3, ch3, dc3, ch3, ss, ch3 (first dc).

Row 3- dc2, ch1, dc3, ch3 and continue around until you get back to the first dc and ss, ch3.

Row 4- same as Row 3 except for the final part where instead of ss, ch3 you will tie off and weave the ends back. 

*For each of the dc's I went under the ch3 stitch of the pervious row rather than going through the stitch. This let the dc stitch wrap completely around the row and allowed me to control where the stitches landed.

I will post more as I continue with this project but I'm super excited about it. I've made blankets before but none quite like this. 😆

Please comment below and tell me what you think or post projects you've done, I'd love to see them!!

As Always,
Dawn






No comments:

Post a Comment