Monday, April 11, 2016

Homemade Playdoh


Happy Monday!!

Kids love squishy stuff, right? I know mine love anything that can possibly make a mess. I have seen many recipes for homemade playdoh but I hadn't tried it until recently. I used one that was a "non-cook" recipe. (I definitely didn't think you had to cook playdoh lol.) I would like to improve on this recipe in the future, I found that it took forever to get a smooth texture and the colors weren't as vibrant as I wanted them to be. Despite this the kids loved it. I purchased some left over table covers for 75% off after Easter and used one of these so that it was an easy clean up.

The recipe I used is as follows

1 cup salt

4 cups flour

2 tbls vegetable oil

1 cup water (add more if needed)

Mix all ingredients until well blended. If you so desire mix all or parts with food coloring. I would also recommend mixing it with either vanilla or peppermint extract (or any you would like). This makes it smell amazing. I did love this part of it and the part that if one of the kids desired to try to eat it it would completely safe. Have any of y'all made this with your children before? If so, what recipe did you use and did you like it or not? Have an amazing day!!

As Always
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment